I l-o-v-e ranch dressing. I dip everything in it from vegan pizza, to carrots, to french fries, and hell if I could I would even dip my ranch in ranch. Are you starting to see the depth of my love for this dressing?? It’s pretty damn deep, y’all, pretty damn deep.
Now of course you can pop in your local WF and buy some vegan ranch there but making it from scratch is really easy and the end result is so much better than store bought. Once you’ve had my fresh, homemade ranch dressing I promise you that you’ll never want to have anything else. It’s lusciously creamy and dare I say it’s so good that one might just drink it? Oh, I dare.
To begin, you’re going to prepare the fresh herbs (parsley, chives, and dill) by getting them all chopped up very fine.
Once your fresh herbs are all chopped up you’re then going to prepare the garlic clove by peeling it and giving it a rough chop. Then you’re going to sprinkle some salt on it and, using a fork, mash it into a paste.
There is something about doing this step that I find to be so therapeutic so I tend to get a little zen with it and really get that paste good and mushy, but don’t feel like you need to obliterate the garlic or anything. (Unless you’re in need of a zen moment then by all means, give that garlic clove hell.) We’re just looking to help break it down a little and the blender will do the rest.
Now it’s time for the blender I speak of. You’re going to blend until smooth the garlic paste with all of the other ingredients except the fresh herbs.
After the mixture is nice and creamy you’re going to pour it into the seal-able storage container of your choice, I like using a large mason jar, and then you’re going to toss in the fresh herbs and give the whole thing a good shake.
Now give yourself a pat on the back because you just made ranch from scratch! I’m like legit proud of you, you ranch making fool, you.
You can use the ranch right away if you’re in dyer need of ranch dressing (#StoryOfMyLife) but it tastes even better if you let the flavors get to know each other a little better in the fridge for say, 4 hours or so.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
Credit: Compassion is the Secret Ingredient, http://www.citsiblog.com
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Finely chop the fresh herbs if you haven’t done so already then set aside. Roughly chop garlic clove if you haven’t done so already then sprinkle garlic with salt and, using a fork, mash the garlic and salt together until a paste forms.
- In a blender combine the garlic paste with the remaining ingredients, except the fresh herbs, and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a seal-able storage container (like a large mason jar) then toss in the fresh herbs, close the lid tightly, and shake to combine. Can be used right away but tastes even better, and will thicken slightly, if it’s allowed to rest in the fridge for about 4 hours. Ranch dressing will keep in fridge for 4-5 days.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Ranch Dressing”